June 11 2023



 Today, our ride was from Richmond, Indiana to Marysville, Ohio. We’ve crossed another state line. The weather today was predicted to be rainy. It did hold off for about 40 to 50 miles. On my way to the first sag I saw a horse drawn buggy in the Amish country. I have included a video below. I did not take very many pictures today as I was trying to beat the rain. Or at least beat some of it. I was enjoying today’s ride until it started to rain. Initially, the rain wasn’t too bad, but then it started to rain a little bit harder.  it was also during a time where I was climbing a bit and I wasn’t going as fast as I would like to of gone. I did make it to the second sag, which was at 80 miles. At that point I decided to get into the sag as I was wet and getting cold.  I only missed 25 miles today. When I first started this journey, I was going to be happy with 50 to 60 miles per day. But at the beginning, I was having some difficulty with my leg. That has gotten much better, but it still acts up every once in a while. Tomorrow we are on to Wooster Ohio.. That is another century of 102 miles. Presently there is no rain predicted and with any luck I’ll be able to complete the whole day. I would like to get at least one century in before this tour ends.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 2&3

First Day