June 23 2023

 Today is our final day of the adventure across United States riding from Manhattan Beach to Revere Beach. We rode from the Burlington Hotel to Revere Beach for a total of about 16 to 17 miles. We did our daily route rap song as well. It was our farewell song. We did BORN in the USA. After the song we group together. Someone asked who will lead us to Revere Beach and someone volunteered myself.  I have felt home since we crossed over the Massachusetts line. I was truly honored to be the leader. I then lead them from the Burlington hotel to Revere Beach. 

At Revere Beach my friend Beth met me there. I was so excited to see her and so happy that she was there. She was able to take lots of pictures, some of which I will post below.

This trip has been an incredibly awesome event. I will never forget these times. I will never forget the people I have met. The whole group was incredibly awesome. We had so many fun times as well as some very difficult times. Each one of us had our own difficulties during this trip. Some people talked about it some people kept it inside.  We have all learned myself, including a lot about ourselves. One of the main things that I learned is I don’t give up. I may want to. I may want to run or flight as I call it but I stuck it out and I am so glad I did. I am also so glad that I had help and support from everywhere, the group, my friends, and Tom and Alena. 

I will most likely never do an endeavor of this length of time again. But I hope to continue riding as well as going for one or two week trips.this trip has ignited my love Cycling again.

I am writing this a day after we stopped. I needed yesterday to let it all sink in. When I woke up this morning, although it was nice to lay in bed for a little bit I did have some tears in my eyes that I am going to miss riding and seeing everybody. I will cherish this event forever. I suspect I will be 90 years old sitting in a rocking chair listening to all the morning route rapper songs and going through my pictures and just remembering all the things I’ve seen and done. Every time I think of this trip I will smile.

 Going through my pictures and just remembering all the things I’ve seen and done. Every time I think of this trip I will smile.

I want to thank you all for following me along on this trip. I hope you have all enjoyed it as much as I have.  This will be my last log into the blog. But you can always log into it either on the Crossroads page or on my blog to review some of the things I’ve done. Again, thank you all for following along. 

One last comment is I want to thank Paul Kussell for recommending this tour to me. I am so grateful for his friendship his support and I look forward to biking and skiing with him in the future. I also want to give a shout out to his wife, Patty they both felt that I could always do this and that I would have a great time and they were right. Love them both.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 2&3

First Day