June 22 2023

 Well, today was our last day of a full ride. We rode from Brattleboro Vermont through New Hampshire and into Burlington MA. I was able to complete the day for a total of 91 miles. Additionally, my climbing was over 5000 feet. I rode well through most of the day. During the last 10 to 15 mile I started getting tired. But I continue to ride on with no aches or pains anywhere. I remember at some point during the tour that Tom, one of the staff members told me that we begin to behave like we’re machines. Today that is what I felt like. My legs just kept going but at a little bit slower than they had earlier in the day. It was kind of surreal, passing through New Hampshire, and subsequently into Massachusetts realizing I am home, and I have actually cycled across the United States. I suspect this won’t hit me until a couple of days has passed, and I am back home. Again today I did not take many pictures. I think this was more because I’ve been in this area and some of these areas are familiar to me. Additionally, I think I just wanted to finish the day. I didn’t care when I finished I just wanted it to be over. When I arrived to the hotel, Paul, Patty and his daughter were sitting outside, waiting for me to come in it was awesome. Patty was so excited for me, as well as I was excited that I had actually been able to do this venture.

 When I arrived to the hotel, Paul, Patty and his daughter were sitting outside, waiting for me to come in it was awesome. Patty was so excited for me as well as I was excited that I had actually been able to do this venture.

Tomorrow we will cycle to Revere Beach and dip our wheels into the Atlantic ocean. We will have cycled from the Pacific to the Atlantic oceans.  I suspect tomorrow will be quite emotional for many of us. We have all become fairly good friends. I hope to stay in contact with some of them as well. Actually, I know I will. Tom and Alena, which is his daughter have become like family to me and I know that we will visit often.  I also know that Linda and and I have developed a very special friendship and bond, and I look forward to visiting her as well as having her come visit me.







Comments

  1. Thank you for your blog. It's hard to believe the seven weeks is at an end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your blog - I followed your trip every day over my morning coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Days 2&3

First Day