June 8 2023

 Today’s ride was from Champaign Illinois to Crawfordsville Indiana. We have crossed another state line. The weather cooperated, and was quite comfortable most of the day. We were on a lot of back roads and had a fair amount of nice scenery with the scenery changing a bit which made in the ride nice. Again at times I felt like I was riding back home because they were much more trees. We were talking today that it seems like as we get further and further east we are encountering more and more trees. There was a headwind today and some of these trees did offer, some protection. But there were in many areas where it was wide open and you could feel the head when slowing you down. It is funny. You would think that after a rest day, my muscles would be a little recovered. But it was quite interesting. I felt like I was working really hard today and my muscles were a little upset with me that I was back on the bike. But I did complete the day clocking in 81 miles. It is hard to believe that in two weeks from today we will be almost done. We will be having our banquet that evening and the next day we will be riding to revere beach. Below are a few pictures from today. I’ve also re-included the one of my helmet decoration. If you can’t tell what it is, it is all the different states that we have, and will be traveling through. 











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Days 2&3

First Day