June 1 2023

 Today we rode from Topeka, Kansas to Saint Joseph Missouri. We finally made it out of Kansas. I rode for 86 miles today. We rode over the Delaware river, and the Kansas River. The ride was quite variable where we did a lot of climbing, and then we had a long section of flat. For the last 10 miles, though it was a lot of climbing. Typically I wouldn’t have minded, but towards the end of the ride, it became quite hot and humid.  One of the bike mechanics named Peyton told me that if I made a climb through a park, we were riding that they would be a nice downhill. He was right there was a nice downhill, but he failed to mention that there were multiple other uphills again. Most of them had some nice down hills. One of the roads early on in the ride did not have much of a shoulder. It was somewhat of a major road for lots of trucks and cars to go on.  Typically trucks cars, etc. don’t bother me but I have to say, given the fact that I had no shoulder and was essentially riding the white line most of the time, and Some of the trucks did come quite close, it was a little nerve-racking. Luckily, we were not on that for the entire day.  Tomorrow we ride to Chillicothe MO. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 2&3

First Day