June 5 2023

 Today the ride was from Quincy Illinois to Springfield, Illinois. It was a century consisting of 108 miles. When I woke up this morning, I wasn’t really feeling much like riding. But I did start out. Last evening my legs were quite achy. this morning, they were feeling pretty much the same. I did ride to the first SAG with a friend and at that point she was having some issues as well and we both got in the SAG for the rest of the day. Additionally, the first leg of it was a lot of climbing, and by the time I reached the first SAG my legs were aching. This evening while I’m writing this, my legs are feeling much better and I am quite hopeful about completing tomorrow’s ride to Champaign Illinois. I will be meeting my friend Paul Kussell there and we will ride the rest of the tour together. I am quite excited about that. Today’s ride crossed over the Illinois River. Below are a few pictures from some of my friends who took them.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 2&3

First Day