June 9 2023

 Today the ride was from Crawfordsville, Indiana to Greenfield Indiana. The day started out with very cool temperatures. Initially I was quite cold. After about 45 minutes thought it warmed up. I’ve had my first day of technical difficulty with my bike. At about 11 to 12 miles in I was unable to shift. I was stuck in one gear. I was able to ride given the fact that the roads were not too hilly.  When the SAG vehicle came by, I flagged them down. Initially, I thought it was the batteries for my cranks but it ended up being a different type of battery that I forgot was in the bike. The minute Dana talked about it. I did remember the technician when I bought the bike telling me that the battery might last about 3000 miles. Well it actually lasted probably about 3500 miles so I got a little bit more out of it than I had planned. Thank goodness it was an easy fix. It did cost me though to miss about 30 miles of riding. But that was OK. I got in a good 52 miles. We rode for a fair amount today on a bike trail. It was quite nice. Because of the delay of my bike and being off of it, I did not take very many pictures. There are a couple below. I am looking forward to tomorrow as it is a short day of only 53 miles. After that though we have a couple of tough days of 105 and 103 miles. I forgot to mention that we rode through the city of Indianapolis. I did take a few pictures there









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 2&3

First Day